Types of f.B :-
In children: coins and buttons.
In adults: fish and meet bone.
In eldery: dentures and lump of meat.
In mentally retarded and prisoners: razors ,pins and needles.
Sites for F.B impact:-
- At the upper end below cricopharyngeus)
- Sites of anatomical constrictions.
- Sites of previous stricture.
- Dysphagia and regurgitation of food.
- Retrosternal dull pain.
- Ulceration and stenosis.
- X_ray neck and chest.
- Removal by oesophagoscope under general anesthesia.
- If there is perforation, external approach is done.